BLACKHAWK SERPA Level 3 Tactical Holster
Available at Amazon
UTG Special Ops Universal Leg Holster
Available at Amazon
UTG Extreme Ops 188
Available at Amazon
Best drop leg holsters
Whether you’re in the military or if you just love airsoft milsim – having a good drop leg holster is vital. It should be easy to conceal, feel comfortable to wear and, most importantly, be easy to draw the gun from. You don’t want to get stuck or feel slow in times of need.
During our reviews and tests, we have mainly looked at the quality, design, comfortability, price and effectiveness.
We have gone through all of the top thigh holsters to help you find the best one for you and your needs.
Here are the 12 best tactical drop leg holsters on the market today.
Best Overall: BLACKHAWK SERPA Level 3 Tactical Holster
- Extremely well-made
- Simple design
- Fast draw means it’s easy to access your weapon
- May have to modify it to make it work
- More expensive
The Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 Tactical Holster is a high-quality, premium drop leg holster. It is the most expensive holster on our list but also the highest quality. The other holsters on our list are worth your time and money but the Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 will last you a lifetime.
The thumb-activated pivot guard secures your weapon activated pivot guard gives the weapon great security as it means it won’t lock while the pistol is unholstered.
This holster uses, like some of our other holsters, the Y-Harness suspension system to ensure an even distribution of weight. There are extra mounting points for cases, mags and extra knives. All Blackhawk injection-molded platforms will fit this holster.
The full-length holster body protects the rear sights at all times. The passive retention detent adjustment screws helps with the retention of your weapon. Quick disconnect swivel-buttons give you maximum movement with your weapon.
This is made of Carbon-Fibre composite so that it is lightweight and strong.
Most Popular: UTG Special Ops Universal Leg Holster
- Thick, well put together construction
- Well-made for the price
- The slip-limiting materials are very effective through a full range of motions
- Adjustable using the velcro
- Fair price
- The slider can get trapped in your thigh and chafe
- After repeated use over time the holster may lose some of its form
It boasts a non-slip fully-adjustable and fully removable leg strap so that you are in control. It is a universal design that will fit most of your pistol needs.
Made of synthetic leather and weighing 0.9 pounds. There are velcro straps so that you can tailor it to your specific weapon.
This is a right-handed leg holster but can also be used as a reverse-draw holster for your left leg.
Best value for the money: UTG Extreme Ops 188
- Very adjustable
- Might take a while to adjust the holster to your preference
- Wouldn’t fit if you are an extremely large human
- Can’t remove the additional outside mag if it gets in your way
And finally, we reach the last holster on our list… Last but certainly not least. If you’ve made it this far, well done. You are very committed to buying a drop-leg holster.
The UTG Extreme Ops 188 is an adjustable drop-leg holster for different kinds of weapons and can be used in conjunction with add ons like flashlight mount and laser sight.
As with all of our drop-leg holsters this uses Velcro and clips to secure the holster to your leg and make sure your weapon is safe should you get into any strife. The quick-release system means that you can access it when needed ‘at the touch of a button’.
- Fits a pistol with a flash mount
- One-size fits all
- Uses a very substantial stiffener layer for extra stability
- Keeps its shape well which aids faster holstering
- Leg straps can be slightly too long but it’s an easy fix
- Adjustment straps can sometimes get in the way
- Some users have found it awkward to use with an attachment
The Condor Tornado is a great solution for carrying all handguns – medium to large. There is a single built-magazine pouch that is secured with velcro. It is attached to your thigh with elastic and adjustable straps as well as a safety buckle. Also including a wide adjustable leg extender that can be attached to your belt with velcro.
The holster has a quick release adjustable thumb break with velcro over the thumb break to hold the pistol in place during more strenuous activities.
It boasts a wrap-around design that is made for weapons using laser-guided technology or a flash mount.
This weighs 0.9pds which is industry standard.
BLACKHAWK SERPA Level 2
- Very good value for the price
- Conforms nicely to your thigh
- Rigid enough to meet the demands
- The mag pouch holds securely
- Battle Proven
- Fits many different weapons
- Can’t attach a light to your pistol
- Can be very difficult to attach a knife to the outer mags
- Depending on the weapon, can hold it very tight which makes drawing difficult
- Holster sometimes doesn’t stay tight to your leg
The full-length holster body protects your weapon. Especially the rear sights. There are numerous mounting points for knives and mag cases. The Y-harness suspension system makes sure there is an even distribution of weight throughout. This makes it easy to access your pant pockets. The holster will also stay vertical even when crouching.
They are made from a non-slide rubber which means when you secure your weapon, it is secured.
The color is a nice matte finish for you to blend in well with your surroundings.
Safariland 6304 ALS
- Positioned so that your hand naturally finds its way to your weapon
- Fast and sturdy
- The Holster looks very stylish when wearing it
- The gun is safe in the holster and will not be wrestled away from you
- A good all-round choice
- Can’t be used with a flashlight unfortunately
The Safariland 6304 ALS is made to ensure the maximum safety for your weapon. The ALS (auto-locking system) makes sure the firearm is secure when you holster it. Then the SLS (self-locking system) clicks into place for extra security. This doesn’t, however, affect the ease of draw as this is one of the holsters on the market to draw from. The weapon slides out of the holster effortlessly when it comes time to use it. This is a simple straight-up draw when the mechanisms have been deactivated.
The Soft Suede lining and molded sight track protect your weapons finish and sights. It’s made from extremely durable SafariLaminate which has been heat-treated so that it can handle any harsh environment that it may be needed in.
The wide shroud and dual elastic straps gives comfort and stability and the silicone grip strips make sure the weapons hold still. Adjustable belt attachments make it usable with all belt sizes.
Orpaz Glock 19 Holster
- Handles cold temperatures very well
- Fits well even if you’re on the small side
- Keeps your gun in place no matter what you’re doing
- Extremely light
- Cannot be used with a flashlight mount
- Some users have complained that it’s too tight on the weapon
- Doesn’t fit onto some belts
The Orpaz Glock 19 Holster is combat tested to withstand the harshest environments. It is waterproof, shockproof, every kind of proof possible! Highly resistant to abrasion and chemicals this is a holster that means business! It is custom molded with Nylon 6 Polymer – tough stuff.
Not only does it have one screw to fix the position of your holster, oh no… The Orpaz Glock 19 Holster has the first screw to fix it in place and an additional screw to make sure it is secure without a shadow of a doubt. This will allow for only the tiniest fraction of movement necessary.
There is a tension adjustment which means you can make it as tight or loose as you see fit. I wouldn’t make it too loose now y’all. Wouldn’t want Charlie to get a hold of it!
This is one of our favorite holsters.
UniqueFire Left Hand & Right Hand
- Every aspect of it is fully adjustable so you can find the right fit for you
- Comfortable (with the right belt setup)
- Very easy to use
- Good value for money
- Universal fit
The Unique Fire Left & Right Hand is a tactical drop-leg holster that is universal (works with most guns) and adjustable. It boasts a quick release buckle and adjustable velcro straps which means you can play around with it until you’re happy.
This holster can be used to fit a handgun, a revolver or a pistol. And has been said to be incredibly easy when drawing your weapon. If you are ever in the use of a rappelling harness, this holster comes into its own. This style of holster has distinct advantages over other kinds of holsters (as we do not need excess weight on our legs).
This Holster is made of nylon and can handle itself in many types of terrain. If you’re looking for a good all-rounder then this is it!
Aokur Tactical Pistol Leg Holster
- Great range for adjusting to different sizes
- Fits many different kinds of weapons
- Very well made for the price
- Mag Pouch is not as adjustable and can sometimes get a bit tight
- The velcro can sometimes be a bit reliable
- Not the most durable over years of use
If you want to take your weapon camping, sometimes you gotta get creative! This holster is extremely useful for hunting, airsoft and for military games.
The Aokur Tactical Pistol Leg Holster is fit for both the left and right leg. It is fully adjustable which means you can tweak it to your own comfort. Play around with it and figure out what works best for you! The Holster leg is fit to a thigh of 15-22 inches (check yours!) so it should fit most of our valued readers.
It’s versatile and easy to wear. Perfect for many different kinds of activities. The pistol holster can be attached to the waist belt or attached to the thigh and is fit for two pistols (including the attachment of a flashlight).
There is an extra magazine attache and space for you to put your trusty knife in it. The high-quality straps and quick-release safety features mean that you can rest easy knowing your weapon is safe and ready.
EXCELLENT ELITE SPANKER Tactical Drop Leg Holster
- Good value for money
- Extremely adjustable
- Comfortable because you can adjust the tightness
- Perhaps doesn’t stand the test of years of use
- Wasn’t very good in extremely cold temperatures
The Excellent Elite Spanker Tactical Drop Leg Holster is a waterproof and extremely durable leg holster tested in the most intense conditions in Iraq. It comes in a range of very handsome colors to match your personal preference on the matters.
There is a nylon ribbon for you to attach any of the pouches you might want to – first-aid pouch, dump pouches, water bottle pouch or whatever you’d like to carry into the battlefield.
You attach this leg holster to your belt via the magic sticker strap and buckle. So it stays very secure around the leg.
Nehostertfy Drop Leg Holster
- Goes well with a gun’
- Made of high-quality canvas
- Very adjustable and very adaptable
- Might wrinkle badly over time
- Debatable whether this will last a lifetime
The Nehostertfy Drop Leg Holster is part of a new generation of drop-leg holsters. The thigh straps are 23-inches long which means they can be used on skinny legs and slightly less skinny legs alike. It boasts dual-thigh straps with non-slip material which means when you strap them on, they stay on. No longer do you have to worry about your leg holster hanging around down at your ankles!
The Holster is meant to be attached to a waist belt so that it fits snugly and securely. It comes in a range of terrifying and fashionable colors like camo or black. Pick your favorite.
Please note: When buying this item… You are only buying the gun. Also, the holster itself will not actually aid you in a life or death situation. You’ve been warned!
GHFY Molle Tactical Pistol Thigh Gun Holster
- Great value for the price
- Good purchase on the grip when drawing the weapon
- Very adjustable
- The material can initially be quite stiff
- Will not hold a very large pistol
The GHFY Molle Tactical Pistol Thigh Gun Holster is made mostly of nylon. This makes it very breathable and good in all weather conditions. It’s comfortable and easy to adjust which makes it good for people who like to crawl or run around with a weapon on their leg. No longer do you have to worry about your weapon dropping!
It has a fully-adjustable wrap-around design and weighs around 10.6oz. There is a quick release buckle and a velcro strap. Non-slip leg straps which are industry standard help your weapon not slip!
Fits many different types of weapons – pistols, revolvers and most other small weapons.
Disclaimer: will not fit an AK-47. Don’t say we didn’t tell you.